Monday, December 5, 2011

Battling the Fat Fairy

My own going battle with the Fat Fairy took a major hit. I've had a lot going on the past year and I was trying to use the Weight Watchers @ Work meetings to get on track and lose the weight. I was successful and had lost some weight. However, things got stressful at work and home and I couldn't afford to keep going. I stopped going, stopped paying attention to what I was eating and didn't track and guess what? I gained all the weight I'd lost back (and probably some).

So today I decided it was time to get back on the horse and get rid of this extra weight. I'm tired of the way I look and feel - I just hope I can keep this feeling for motivation.

I  weighed myself this morning to give myself a starting point and came in at 323 lbs (down actually 2.6lbs from last week when I had slowly started getting back on track). Starting today I'm tracking and exercising again. I went for about a 40 minute walk. I didn't mean for it to be that long, it was actually going to just be 20 minutes as I walked to the Weight Watcher's Meeting Office nearby to get a new calculator. However, as I got back to work, I noticed that she waaaay over charged me for the calculator (a new model was just released so they were selling the old models at $3.95 - she charged me the regular price of $11.95). It was freezing when I set out at first and when I got back to the office I was sweating pretty badly. Thankfully my deorderant did its job. :)

The other great thing about my walk is that I get to add in 15 points. However, I'm only going to add back in six because while the book says that my walk was considered high intensity, I think it was actually moderate because of my lack of stamina.

So here is me telling myself that I will make it this time!

No comments: