Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Things do eventually get easier over time...

I was thinking this morning as I was taking my supplements, they're a
lot easier to take now then they were when I first started.

I remember when I first started taking these herbal supplements; I used
to gag most of the time. A couple times, I'd even chock on them. I've
never been a pill taker, I used to actually have to put them down my
throat and then hurry and drink water to make them go down. Growing up,
my mom used to crush them on a spoon for me.

What makes these herbal supplements a little more difficult to take is
that a couple of them have a weird taste when activated by my saliva,
it's almost like they warm up. (Not sure how else to explain what
happens).

Well, now I don't find I'm having any problems. I toss the pill in my
mouth and drink some water and BAMPH! I've taken the pill.

And it's a good thing too because I've increased the number of pills I'm
taking. One of the supplements from Herbal Life I'm taking is "Cell
Activator". One of the main things it's supposed to do is give me
increased energy. Before, I was only taking 1 pill 3 times a day
(actually, usually only two times because I tend to forget to take them
at dinner). I remember that I'd find myself so tired during the day and
couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Well, the bottle suggests 1 to 3 pills 3 times a day. I'm going to start
out taking 3 in the morning and afternoon and 1 at dinner. We'll see how
it goes for a week or two and go from there. I don't want to take all
three at dinner because I'm afraid I'll have too much energy and not be
able to fall asleep. I've already held back on adding protein because I
sometimes have a hard time staying on track and eating breakfast and/or
lunch because I'm just not hungry.

No comments: