Monday, November 10, 2008

more on the subject of vampires... Twilight

And while I'm still thinking of novels about vampires and such, I'll touch on the upcoming movie Twilight, and the corresponding books.

I have read all of the books in the series except for the most recent (I think it's titled "New Dawn"), and I have no intention of reading anymore. I guess I found them to be too ... boring, and maybe a little whinny.

I guess I shouldn't really worry about it; I'm not exactly the author's chosen audience. The thing is, I'm tired of all the angst ...

whaaa, I'm undead and lonely. You're so beautiful, I love you, I want to spend the rest of my un-life with you. No, no matter how much you beg me, I won't turn you into a vampire because then you can't tempt me with your blood anymore, and then I can't be a brooding vampire trying so
hard not to eat you. Oh I'm so lonely.

But oh, the sight of Robert Pattinson (Cedric for those Harry Potter fans :)) as Edward ... that's drool worthy. I might just go see the movie because of him.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I read an article about this movie, and that's why I never saw the movie.... it's basically a story about a relationship in which the man is very very controlling and won't let his young girlfriend do anything that he doesn't want her to.... except it's with vampires so it's supposed to be ok? Meh, I don't know if that's the exact story but it was enough to make me not want to see it.